What is Laser Dentistry?
Soft Tissue Laser
One of the exciting developments in cutting-edge dentistry today is the soft tissue laser. Using sophisticated and minimally invasive laser therapy we can now treat many of our patients' oral health issues without the use of scalpel incisions.
The soft tissue laser also enables us to perform many procedures without the use of anaesthesia.
In many instances, the soft tissue laser helps us perform procedures faster and more efficiently than ever before.
Benefits of the Soft Tissue Laser include:
How the Soft Tissue Laser works:
A laser is a technology that produces a powerful beam of light that can be used to affect and heal soft tissues in the body.Some of the procedures that can be performed with a soft tissue laser include:
- Removal and reshaping of diseased gum tissue
- Treatment of deep gum pockets that contain bacteria
- Crown lengthening
- Preparation for dental impressions
- Sculpting prior to dental implants
- Exposing new teeth, including wisdom teeth, that are slow to come through gum tissue
- Biopsy and removal of benign oral tumors
- Abscessed tooth care
- Frenum release
- Treatment of ulcers in the mouth
- Treating overgrowth of gum tissue
- Lessening the pain of cold sores and fever blisters and shortening the duration of flares