What is Laser Dentistry?
Soft Tissue Laser
One of the exciting developments in dentistry today is the soft tissue laser. Because of the development of this minimally invasive laser therapy we can now treat many of our patients’ oral health issues without the use of scalpel incisions.
The soft tissue laser also enables us to perform many procedures without the use of anaesthesia.
In many instances, the soft tissue laser helps us perform procedures faster and more efficiently than ever before.
Benefits of the Soft Tissue Laser include:
- Faster healing
- Less discomfort during and after the procedure
- Fewer post-treatment complications
- Reduced swelling after treatment
- Most precise technique available
- Reduced chance of infection
- No bleeding from an incision
- Typically no sutures needed
- Anaesthetic injections are not needed in most cases
How the Soft Tissue Laser works:
A laser is a technology that produces a powerful beam of light. It can be used to affect and heal soft tissues in the body.
Some of the procedures that can be performed with a soft tissue laser include:
- Removal and reshaping of diseased gum tissue
- Treatment of deep gum pockets that contain bacteria
- Crown lengthening
- Preparation for dental impressions
- Sculpting prior to dental implants
- Exposing new teeth, including wisdom teeth, that are slow to come through gum tissue
- Biopsy and removal of benign oral tumors
- Abscessed tooth care
- Frenum release
- Treatment of ulcers in the mouth
- Treating overgrowth of gum tissue
- Lessening the pain of cold sores and fever blisters and shortening the duration of flares
Family Dental Services in Guelph
We pride ourselves on our high standard of patient care. Being a preventative practice, we are interested in your long term oral health. We offer a wide range of treatment options utilizing the latest technology. When you join the practice you join our family. Your needs are addressed with precision, compassion and understanding.
100 Edinburgh Rd S.
Guelph, ON, N1H 5P4
Phone: (519) 824 – 5678
Monday: 8:00AM – 4:30PM
Tuesday: 8:00AM – 8:00PM
Wednesday: 8:00AM – 4:30PM
Thursday: 8:00AM – 8:00PM
Friday: 8:00AM – 4:00PM