Our office will remain open to see patients with dental emergencies. If you have a dental emergency, please call Dr. Jain directly at 519-830-5246.
We hope this message finds you in the best of health and spirits. The last three months have been a challenging and unprecedented time for all of us. Our hearts and prayers go out to all those affected by COVID-19.
During the pandemic we continued to see patients with emergency/urgent needs. Now, as many of you have heard in the news, in accordance with the directive from the Chief Medical Officer and the Royal College of Dental Surgeons we can begin providing non-essential dental services.
We have a professional, legal and ethical responsibility to you. Therefore, we will only reopen the office for routine care once we feel we can completely provide care in a manner that is both safe and effective. We will send an email or text to all patients once we re-open, most likely in the next few weeks.
We are going above and beyond the recommended guidelines to ensure the safety of our patients and staff.
Here are the following steps we have taken…
Getting our office ready:
A few years ago, we updated our office to surpass the stringent infection prevention and control standards of the day with state-of-the-art sterilization systems, floor to ceiling walls with doors to each operatory, instrument cassette systems for the safety of our staff and patients. In addition to these measures now…
- Our dental team will be screened prior to return to work, and thereafter each day for COVID-19.
- We have installed physical barriers at key contact points to reduce the spread of droplets.
- We will have air purifiers running in operatories and hallways that offer HEPA filtration and UV disinfection.
- Our dental team will be wearing additional PPE appropriate to their role and procedure performing.
- As always, operatories are cleaned and disinfected between each appointment.
- We will ensure general office housekeeping with frequent intervals, including cleaning and disinfection of high-touch surfaces (e.g., doorknobs, plexiglass barriers, handrails, counters, arms of chairs, etc.).
Before your appointment:
To be fair to all patients we will be rescheduling all booked appointments (past and future). We will be giving priority to urgent care and will also be doing our best to extend hours so that we can accommodate as many patients as possible. You will be triaged, and appointments will be scheduled by phone or email. In person or walk-in appointments will be discouraged. Prior to scheduling an appointment, you will be screened for COVID-19.
Day of your appointment:
- We will be creating a virtual waiting room where you can text our office upon arrival by car so we can notify you to come in. You will be screened a second time for COVID-19 by our reception team.
- We will require individuals accompanying a patient to wait outside the practice unless absolutely required.
- You will be required to wear your own mask into the office.
- Social distance will be enforced between all people in the dental office.
- You will be asked to perform hand hygiene upon entry/exit to the office.
- You may be asked to rinse with hydrogen peroxide prior to dental work to reduce the level of oral pathogens.
After your appointment:
You will be asked to inform the office if you experience any symptoms of COVID-19 within 14 days of your appointment.
We appreciate your patience. Stay safe and we will see you all soon,
Team at Jain Dental Care
Family Dental Services in Guelph
We pride ourselves on our high standard of patient care. Being a preventative practice, we are interested in your long term oral health. We offer a wide range of treatment options utilizing the latest technology. When you join the practice you join our family. Your needs are addressed with precision, compassion and understanding.
100 Edinburgh Rd S.
Guelph, ON, N1H 5P4
Phone: (519) 824 – 5678
Monday: 8:00AM – 4:30PM
Tuesday: 8:00AM – 8:00PM
Wednesday: 8:00AM – 4:30PM
Thursday: 8:00AM – 8:00PM
Friday: 8:00AM – 4:00PM